Tuesday, March 25, 2014

CHARLIE'S ANGELS: SEASON 1 ( MILL CREEK )



I've never been a big fan of "free" network television shows. Most of the shows I like get canceled, because they do NOT conform to the "rules" of mediocrity that control most of the "free" channels.

However, every so often, I'll end up liking a new show ( usually for one season ).

CHARLIE'S ANGELS was about three hot female private investigators - that was the only reason I needed to watch!

It was pure fluff. It was also stupid and trashy.... AND that's why I liked it!


Jaclyn Smith and Farrah Fawcett in the episode THE KILLING KIND

Some first season episodes revolved around characters working in adult entertainment ( they're all portrayed as bad people - no surprise there ).

CHARLIE'S ANGELS popularity was based primarily on SEX APPEAL. So, their morally superior attitude towards the adult industry is incredibly hypocritical.

Why do I say that?... Because, they had NO problem repeatedly exploiting that subject matter in many of their episodes.

They also did NOT have a problem exploiting the actresses bodies, especially Farrah's NIPPLES.

Think of all those braless shots of Farrah. She could have Poked-out a co-worker's eye with one of her nipples!... Maybe Cal / OSHA should have been called... ha-ha-ha.


Apparently, there were some behind the scenes mini-scandals. Two of the original ANGELS left, and after five seasons, the show was cancelled.


Screengrabs from the episode BLUE ANGELS

For me, CHARLIE'S ANGELS was like a weekly made-for-tv exploitation flick.

The original angels - Jaclyn Smith, Kate Jackson, Farrah Fawcett ( 1947 – 2009 ) - were my favorites, and that's why I prefer season one over the others.



CHARLIE'S ANGELS was originally released on region one DVD by SONY ( "best of" sets, individual seasons, and complete series ).

MILL CREEK is re-releasing the series on region one DVD.

I only paid six dollars for the season one set - it's nice to have money left in my pocket!


SEASON ONE contains four single sided discs on one spindle ( in a standard sized case ). There's NOTHING wrong with the way they're packed!... Ignore the retards that say otherwise!

EXTRAS - None

INSERTS - None


Disc one menu
Disc ONE contains the following episodes...
PILOT
HELLRIDE
THE MEXICAN CONNECTION
NIGHT OF THE STRANGLER
ANGELS IN CHAINS


Disc two menu
Disc TWO contains the following episodes...
TARGET: ANGELS
THE KILLING KIND
TO KILL AN ANGEL
LADY KILLER
BULLSEYE
CONSENTING ADULTS


Disc three menu
Disc THREE contains the following episodes...
THE SEANCE
ANGELS ON WHEELS
ANGEL TRAP
THE BIG TAP-OUT
ANGELS ON A STRING
DIRTY BUSINESS


Disc four menu
Disc FOUR contains the following episodes...
THE VEGAS CONNECTION
TERROR ON WARD ONE
DANCING IN THE DARK
I WILL BE REMEMBERED
ANGELS AT SEA
THE BLUE ANGELS


Screengrabs from the episode THE KILLING KIND

There's also NOTHING wrong with the picture quality!

You're probably going to encounter one or two negative comments about this set - usually from SHIT-HEADS that do NOT even own the DVD they're criticizing!

There are far too many pussies that automatically hate anything made by MILL CREEK and a few other companies.... IGNORE THOSE FUCKING IDIOTS!


Screengrabs from the episode NIGHT OF THE STRANGLER

Most of the complaining comes from I-AM-DESPERATE-FOR-ATTENTION-YOUTUBE-TROLLS. They learn new terms, such as BITRATE, and become instant experts.

Some TECHNO-TROLLS drone on and on and on, about BITRATES. Well, most Americans do NOT know what a FUCKING BITRATE is!... And more importantly, they DON'T care!

Most of those DOUCHEBAGS seem to care more about the TECHNICAL ASPECTS of a DISC, than the actual movie!

Let me point out the obvious, THEY HAVE SHIT FOR BRAINS!


Screengrabs from the episode DIRTY BUSINESS

There's also another group of people that thumb their noses at shows like CHARLIE'S ANGELS. Those idiots actually think it's demeaning - they must have had an absurdly sheltered life! Ironically, most of those PECKER-HEADS are men... GLEE FANS?...

Most of those guys consider themselves card-carrying "feminists". These self-loathing males probably idolize INSANE-MAN-HATING-ABOMINATIONS like Andrea Dworkin.

Male-feminists?... I guess, that's another term for PUSSY! Whenever one of those POMPOUS-PRICKS starts busting-my-chops, I ask them how long they've been on estrogen... That really pisses them off... Don't get your panties in a bind!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself folks.... Anyway, I love this DVD set.



THE CHARLIE'S ANGELS MOVIES.....

I saw the first one for free ( in the theater ).

I liked Drew Barrymore, and I thought it was an OK experience. However, I truly disliked the other two "angels" ( I wanted to throw something at the screen every time they appeared ).


1981 newspaper ad for CHARLIE'S ANGELS - with two NEW angels

As for the second movie... I still remember all the HYPE, and more HYPE, and still more HYPE.... I was so FUCKING SICK AND TIRED of seeing their smug faces promoting that cinematic CRAPFEST everywhere!

The first flick was released on region one DVD by SONY. The second movie was also released on region one DVD by SONY.

I almost forgot about the tv show remake. Movies aren't the only unnecessary remakes! The complete series ( nine episodes? ) was supposedly released on MOD-DVD by SONY.


Farrah Fawcett ( 1947 – 2009 ), and David Doyle ( 1929 – 1997 ), in the episode BLUE ANGELS

Well, "that's all folks"......

No comments:

Post a Comment