Monday, August 28, 2017

GOODBYE MR. HOOPER.....



As much as I like the first NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD film, it wasn't enough to make me love George Romero's work. His films NEVER made a big impact on me. It was different with Tobe Hooper.

I feel genuinely sad about his passing.

Most of Tobe Hooper's work genuinely appealed to me, I can't say the same about George Romero's films.



I don't think many people know he directed an episode of THE EQUALIZER.



The episode is called NO PLACE LIKE HOME, and it's one of my favorites.



Michael Rooker is in this episode, and he does NOT play a psycho... ha-ha-ha.



Another thing people don't associate Mr. Hooper with, are music videos.

He directed the DANCING WITH MYSELF music video ( starring Billy Idol ).



If you're wondering, YES, I liked LIFEFORCE.



I loved TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE far more than I ever liked NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD.

The chainsaw characters frighten me far more than those slow moving zombies.

I also loved THE FUNHOUSE ( starring cutie Elizabeth Berridge ). It's one of my favorite films from the eighties.

In my opinion, he did not deserve the bullshit he experienced with Mr. Spielberg while making POLTERGEIST.

That's all I have to say.....

No comments:

Post a Comment