Tuesday, May 12, 2020

THIS AND THAT - MAY 2020


Above are screengrabs of the immensely underappreciated Sarah Chalke. She's being interviewed by Craig Ferguson ( top ), by Conan O'Brien ( middle ), and again by Craig Ferguson ( bottom ).

I recently saw Ms. Chalke in a low budget action flick, called TERMINAL COUNTDOWN ( aka Y2K - 1999 ). The movie was a lot of fun, and I was shocked by how much I enjoyed it. Just for the record, I didn't recognize Ms. Chalke at first.


Above is a screengrab of Sarah Chalke in the movie TERMINAL COUNTDOWN ( aka Y2K - 1999 ). You can find this movie in a triple feature pack released by ECHO BRIDGE ( I found mine at DOLLAR TREE ).




BOOKS ON MY WISH LIST.....

I would love to add these books to my library. Unfortunately, my wallet refuses to cooperate.

If anyone reading this owns any of the books listed below, please tell me what you think of them.

Midcentury Memories. The Anonymous Project
By Lee Shulman
ISBN 9783836575843

LOS ANGELES: Photographs, 1967-2015
By Lloyd Ziff
ISBN 9780990790853

NEW YORK: Photographs, 1967-2015
By Lloyd Ziff
ISBN 9780990790846

The Polaroid Book
By Barbara Hitchcock
ISBN 9783836501897

Otto Binder: The Life and Work of a Comic Book and Science Fiction Visionary
By Bill Schelly
ISBN 9781623170370

BURLESQUE: Exotic Dancers of the 50s & 60s
By Judson Rosebush
ISBN 9780764336676

WILL EISNER: A Spirited Life
By Bob Andelman
ISBN 9781595820112



Screengrab and poster from the movie COLD TURKEY

THAT DOG HAUNTS ME.....

There are certain movie scenes that stay in your mind long after the movie has ended.
The end of the 400 BLOWS is one of those moments, and so is the begining of the film COLD TURKEY.

The camera follows a sad looking dog down a road, while Randy Newman sings HE GIVES US ALL HIS LOVE.

I've remembered that scene since my childhood.



Melanie Safka performing TOGETHER ALONE in 1972 ( YOUTUBE video )



Screengrabs of the DODGE INTREPID concept( top , and CHRYSLER / LAMBORGHINI PORTOFINO concept ( bottom ). From the CHICAGO AUTO SHOW ( late 1980s ). It's from a video posted by the official CHICAGO AUTO SHOW YOUTUBE CHANNEL.

CARS AND CUTIES.....

I really miss going to auto shows. If you're a GEARHEAD like me, then you know what I'm talking about.

Most auto shows have really gone downhill. They used to be SHOWS in every sense of the word. Many of them had invited guest. Such as, actresses, actors, singers, athletes. Plus, tons of free stuff. In addition to brochures, they gave out, posters, t-shirts, bags, scale models, VHS tapes, CDs, DVDs, books, magazines, key chains, and lots more.

They also had live performances by dancers, magicians, and more.

The spokesmodels were, and still are, an important part of every show.


Screengrabs from the 1991 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW ( from a video posted by THE VINTAGE LENS YOUTUBE CHANNEL ).


Screengrabs of the GEO dancers. It's from the 1991 CHICAGO AUTO SHOW. It's from a video posted by the official CHICAGO AUTO SHOW YOUTUBE CHANNEL.

Do NOT believe morons that claim suto shows have become unnecessary - that's TOTAL BULLSHIT. The people saying that are NOT true gearheads.


Screengrabs from the 1961 CHICAGO AUTO SHOW. It's from a video posted by the official CHICAGO AUTO SHOW YOUTUBE CHANNEL.

A lot of nameplates have been phased out, or have left the United States market. Those are just a few of the MANY reasons auto shows have become smaller.
Consider yourself lucky, if you have an auto show in your area.

It seems as if the "smaller" shows have survived far better than the so-called "important shows" - such as, Paris, Frankfurt, Geneva, Tokyo, Detroit, and others.




YEARBOOKS AT THE INTERNET ARCHIVE.....

Yes, another reminder about my other webpage ( see link below...

CLASS OF 1981 REGIONAL OCCUPATIONAL PROGRAM

I would GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP you can give me. This is important to me, and so far I've hit a brick wall.

FYI - I am NOT very knowledgeable in regards to computers and the internet.

Anyway, if you're searching for yearbooks, try the INTRENET ARCHIVE.

They're constantly adding more schools to their online collection. Unfortunately for me, I still can NOT find any of the schools I'm looking for.



Above are screengrabs from a recent episode of ANTIQUES ROADSHOW. They displayed original art for newspaper comic strips. They're also autographed. I love these types of items.




DEDICATED TO ALL THE COVIDIOTS.....

Above is a screengrab from Robin Bougie's TWITTER page. I added the words VILLAGE IDIOT - so, do NOT blame Mr. Bougie for that.
He's the creator of CINEMA SEWER magazine. As I write this, his official website appears to be gone.

Anyway, below is my response to all the ANTI-LOCKDOWN LUNATICS....



Most of these anti-lockdown LOONS believe INSANE conspiracy theories... If THEY want to DIE, then I say GOOD RIDDANCE! However, they do NOT have a right to play RUSSIAN ROULETTE with OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES!

YOU FUCKING AFTERBIRTHS, YOU'RE ALL THE REASON BIRTH CONTROL WAS INVENTED!



JUST FOR THE RECORD, I am NOT a Howard Stern fan. However, he finally said something I agree with ( read quotes below )....

"Stern, whose contract future with SiriusXM also came into focus on Tuesday, suggested Trump supporters hold a large rally where they all drink disinfectant "and all drop dead"....

Finally, someone in the media, saying out loud, what should have been said from the very begining.

That's all for now, STAY SAFE!.....

No comments:

Post a Comment