Friday, April 17, 2020

MISC CRAP.....


Screengrabs from an extremely rare film called CHILD OF THE SABBAT ( found on VIMEO )

CHILD OF THE SABBAT.....

One of the few things I miss about the VHS era, were all the independent films like CHILD OF THE SABBAT. This is truly a difficult movie to find.


Screengrabs from CHILD OF THE SABBAT ( found on VIMEO )

As far as I know, it has never been released on a legit region one DVD. However, you may find it online.

Is the Britt Morgan that appears in this film, the same Britt Morgan that appeared in a bunch of XXX movies?



Screengrabs from a recent episode of ANTIQUES ROADSHOW. I'm not fond of superheros, but I still love it, when they feature collectibles like these.

PLEASANT MEMORIES.....

Hunting for collectibles, really calms my nerves. I know, I'm not alone in feeling that way. We can NOT go to swap meets / flea markets, but we can watch ANTIQUES ROADSHOW and similar programs.

There are a ton of websites and videos devoted to collectibles.

Plus, now is a great time to organize your closets, your garage, and your entire house - or apartment.

Maybe you'll find something you thought was lost.


Above are screengrabs from the 1980 mini-series BRAVE NEW WORLD.

BRAVE NEW WORLD.....

I watched a MINI-SERIES called BRAVE NEW WORLD ( 1980 version ). I haven't seen it, since it first aired on television.

I've never read the book the movie is based on.


Above are screengrabs from the 1998 mini-series BRAVE NEW WORLD.

There's also a version from 1998. I like the 1980 film more.



Above is a screengrab of Jenny Agutter being interviewed in 1981. The video was posted on YOUTUBE. Bottom screengrab of Jenny Agutter being interviewed in 2018 ( also found on YOUTUBE ).

JENNY AGUTTER AND TERI GARR.....

During the seventies and eighties, two of my favorite actresses were Jenny Agutter and Teri Garr.

I've been watching a lot of Jenny Agutter films lately.

As I write this, PBS is airing NEW episodes of CALL THE MIDWIFE.


Above are some LOGAN'S RUN collectibles ( photos from EBAY ).

I was thinking about her LOGAN'S RUN character, Jessica. In the book - by William F. Nolan - Jessica is much more aggressive and a bit colder than she is in the movie.

There are elements from the book, that I like more than the movie, and vice versa. The book and movie exist in their own universes, and I'm fine with that.


Screengrabs of Teri Garr on Late Night with David Letterman - 1980's.

I was also nuts about Teri Garr.

I can't count the number of times I've watched her on television shows and in theatrical movies.


Screengrabs of Teri Garr on STAR TREK ( ASSIGNMENT EARTH )


Screengrabs of Teri Garr being interviewed on Late Night with David Letterman - 1980s



Above is the BOOK cover of FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH ( photo source AMAZON ).

SCHOOL'S OUT FOREVER......

Yet another reminder that I have another blog. That blog means a lot to me. So, any help spreading the word of it's existence would be appreciated. See link below.....

CLASS OF 1981 REGIONAL OCCUPATIONAL PROGRAM



Above is a screengrab I modified. You can print the above screengrab and use it as TOILET PAPER.

In the United States, we are suffering because of the actions and INACTIONS of an INSANE, INCOMPETENT, ULTRA-RIGHTWING NARCISSIST.

If isolation helps to slow down COVID-19 and that results in LESS deaths, then I'm OK with that.

Stay sane, stay home, and stay safe.....

No comments:

Post a Comment