Monday, August 7, 2017

THIS AND THAT - AUGUST 2017 ( part 1 of 2 )



WHAT HAPPENED TO ECHO BRIDGE?.....

Haven't seen any new ECHO BRIDGE releases at WALMART or TARGET?... Well, you're not the only one to notice that.

According to VARIETY's website, ECHO BRIDGE has a new owner.

Quotes below are from VARIETY.com ( by Dave McNary - January 11, 2017 ).....

"Veteran independent producer Steven Paul has acquired distributor Echo Bridge Acquisition Corp. for an undisclosed price, Variety has learned exclusively"

"Paul is one of the producers on the upcoming “Ghost in the Shell” with Scarlett Johansson and has credits on both “Ghost Rider” movies"

I haven't been able to find any more information, so I don't know if they're going to continue releasing DVDs.



As for MILL CREEK, ever since they struck a deal with SONY, their prices have gone up - that shouldn't be a surprise.

I still wait for price drops before I purchase their discs, that has NOT changed for me.

I love it when 'bargain video' companies release rare, or never been on region one DVD titles.



PODCASTS.....

Below is a VERY SHORT list of recommended podcasts ( in random order ).



1 - This American Life..... I've been listening to this radio show / podcast since it started.

It really is a documentary for the ears.

You'll either love or hate the people in the stories, but you'll seldom - if ever - feel apathetic.

THIS AMERICAN LIFE PODCAST



2 - Rialto Report.... The RIALTO REPORT is much more than just a podcast about the classic era of adult / sexploitation films.

Their website also contains articles and photos.

The stories they tell will make you feel every emotion possible.

You'll discover all the connections between classic era adult films and the so-called 'mainstream' studio system, television, broadway, the music industry, and more.

RIALTO REPORT PODCAST



3 - Hollywood & Levine..... This is a fun podcast.

Most of the content is personal, and that's one of the reasons I like it.

It was created by a man named Ken Levine. He's a writer, director, and producer!

HOLLYWOOD & LEVINE PODCAST




4 - Mr. Skin..... I didn't know if I should include this podcast... Anyway, I used to like the MR. SKIN website, but I stopped visiting it years ago for a lot of reasons.

In my opinion, their PODCAST is better than their website. Having said that, I have problems with the two hosts, especially when they state their OPINIONS as fact.

What part of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" don't they understand? In addition, movies and shows, are MORE than just scenes that contain nudity.

MR. SKIN PODCAST


Screengrab on top is of Christina Ricci in Z: THE BEGINNING OF EVERYTHING ( WEB series from AMAZON )... Screengrab on bottom is of Alison Brie - left side - from GLOW ( WEB series from NETFLIX ).

FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH, would still be remembered and still have a following without the Phoebe Cates topless scene and without her! Any actress could have performed that scene and portrayed her character - it wasn't rocket science!

Let me remind all the superficial shitheads of the obvious, beauty isn't just physical. If you're over eighteen years of age and still don't understand that, then I feel sorry for you.


Screengrabs from a VOLKSWAGEN commercial for the 2018 TIGUAN ( YOUTUBE video ).

IT'S A LIVIN' THING.....

I saw a new VOLKSWAGEN commercial and I absolutely loved it.

It shows an inflatable KING KONG following a cute lady, while she's driving a 2018 VW TIGUAN.


Screengrab of ELO performing LIVIN' THING ( 1977 - YOUTUBE video ).

The song LIVIN' THING by ELO is played during the entire commercial.


Screengrabs from a seventies tv commercial for the VW 411 ( YOUTUBE video ).

This isn't the first time VW has used KING KONG in a tv commercial. I still remember their 411 sedan commercial from the seventies.

There aren't very many new tv commercials that stay in my memory, but this TIGUAN ad does... and I mean that in a GOOD WAY!



KEVIN CAN WAIT, AND WAIT, AND WAIT....

Attention!... If you've never seen a tv show called KEVIN CAN WAIT, consider yourself lucky. This show is even more flatulent than Kevin's enormous anus.

Yes sir, KEVIN can wait all he wants, but I'm still NOT going to watch this show again!

The actress that portrayed Kevin's wife was FIRED, and CBS is BULLSHITING EVERYONE by saying she left.

If you've ever encountered Mr. James on the street you know he's as pleasant as simultaneous bee stings to both eyes, and a kick in the throat.


Screengrabs from LANA DEL REY's music video called LOVE ( YOUTUBE video )... I'm crazy about this woman's voice, and I absolutely love listening to her!

SOOTHING YOUR SOUL.....

Feeling anxious?

Feeling frustrated?

Got an uneasy and queasy feeling in your belly?

Well, most of humanity is feeling the same way. As I've said before, we all have our own ways of relaxing.


Screengrabs from LANA DEL REY's music video called BORN TO DIE ( YOUTUBE video ).

LANA DEL REY ( official website )



Screengrab of Klaus Schulze during a concert in 1977 ( YOUTUBE video ).

KLAUS SCHULZE ( official website )

One way I relax, is by listening to a couple of radio shows on my local NPR station. One is called ECHOES, and the other is called HEARTS OF SPACE. Both of these shows calm my nerves. I just put my headphones on and escape.....

1 comment:

  1. Lana's the best music act to come along in 25 years, for me. Listen to her almost exclusively in the disc player in my car. A little disappointed with her new album, but there are a few songs I love on it. Well, back to my film which I need to finish real soon.

    ReplyDelete