Tuesday, August 15, 2017

THIS AND THAT - AUGUST 2017 ( part 2 of 2 )


Screengrabs from PIRANHA 3DD trailer

INSOMNIA SUCKS.....

I've been doing a lot of late night channel surfing during the past month. I recently stumbled across PIRANHA 3DD, THE PURGE, and WORLD WAR Z. They all aired on my local TELEMUNDO affiliate.

PIRANHA 3DD - I couldn't stop watching this movie. Even in censored form, I thought it was disgustingly hilarious. NOT all the fish are CGI.

David Hasselhoff was fucking funny.

Christopher Lloyd plays a scientist, and he's also fun to watch.

Plus, the uncut version has a lot of female nudity - that's frosting on the cake!

THE PURGE - I enjoyed this flick far more than I thought I would.

WORLD WAR Z - I had a lot of mixed feelings about this movie. I can't tell you if I liked it, because I fell asleep soon after it started. So, I owe the filmmakers a big THANK YOU!... ha-ha-ha...

THIS TV played THE FALCON AND THE SNOWMAN. A great film that's still relevant, because espionage never goes out of style.

It's based on true events involving Christopher John Boyce and Andrew Daulton Lee.

It stars, Timothy Hutton, Sean Penn, and a few other familiar faces.

I think THE FALCON AND THE SNOWMAN is underrated.



I also watched SHAMPOO on THIS TV. It's one of my youthful favorites.

FYI - As a kid, the only theater my friends and I were denied entry to, was playing FLESH GORDON - and also most of the adult theaters.

I adored Goldie Hawn when I was young.

I felt sorry for Warren Beatty's character. He wasn't a bad guy, I believed his character loved part of every woman he was with.


Screengrabs above from VOYAGE INTO SPACE ( TV movie patched together from episodes of JOHNNY SOKKO AND HIS FLYING ROBOT )... It aired on COMET TV and it's website.

A reminder, if you don't have a COMET TV affiliate in your area, you can watch their channel on the COMET TV website for free. I've been watching a lot of older horror and sci-fi flicks on their webstie. It's NOT the best way to watch movies, but at least it's FREE!



BIG BANG THEORY UNAIRED PILOT & COUNTERFEIT.....

I've always been interested in what could have been, in regards to original casting choices in fllms and shows.

The unaired BIG BANG THEORY pilot is substantially different from the final product. In fact, a few parts seemed better suited to MARRIED WITH CHILDREN than the BIG BANG THEORY.

It wasn't just cast members that were changed. A lot of the dialogue and the setting were also replaced.

The unaired pilot is incredibly sterile, and there is absolutely NO chemistry between the two female leads and the two male cast members. Yes, there were only four main characters.


Screengrabs from the unaired BIG BANG THEORY pilot ( YOUTUBE video ).

Johnny Galecki and Jim Parsons, are the only two main cast members to appear in both versions of the pilot.

FYI - Vernee Watson's character also remained the same.



Iris Bahr played Gilda ( a female version of howard? ), and Amanda Walsh played Katie ( an alternative universe version of Penny ).

Obviously, those two actresses didn't make it to the final pilot, and that's a good thing - for the reasons I've already stated.


Screengrabs above from THE THEORISTS.

In regards to alternative universes, I also watched the COUNTERFEIT version of the BIG BANG THEORY.

It's called THE THEORISTS, and it's from Belarus.

The episode I watched had a very strange vibe to it.

I didn't need a translator, to know the humor didn't work. Everything about it seemed forced and artificially cute. Know what I mean?



JUNE FORAY.....

Ms. Foray passed away in late July. You may not know her name, but you've probably heard her voice more times than you can imagine.


Screengrabs above from GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE.

Think about the countless millions that have grown up listening to her voice.


Screengrabs above from the TWILIGHT ZONE ( episode called LIVING DOLL ) ... Did I ever mention how much I hate dolls?

I mostly remember Ms. Foray for her work on the TWILIGHT ZONE, ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE, and GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE ( I still remember the theme song to this show ).



WHAT A NIGHTMARISH WEEK!... FUCK!

I feel like my head is going to explode!

It's bad enough we all have personal bullshit to deal with, but then, the TWO BIGGEST LUNATICS ON EARTH threaten to kill all of humanity!

A short time later, NAZI-TRUMP threatens to invade Venezuela.

Then one of NAZI-TRUMP's best buddies, David Duke and his associates, decide to cause death and destruction!

QUTOES BELOW FROM THE WASHINGTON POST ( Aug. 12, 2017 )...

"Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, a Trump supporter who was in Charlottesville on Saturday, quickly replied. “I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftists,” he wrote"

"Asked by a reporter in New Jersey whether he wanted the support of white nationalists, dozens of whom wore red Make America Great Again hats during the Charlottesville riots, Trump did not respond."

The GOP is the FOURTH REICH by another name, and TRUMP is their pride and joy ( supremacist groups gave generously to the GOP during the 2016 campaign season ).



QUOTES below are by John Oliver...

"A non answer in a moment like this, is an answer"

"Nazis are a lot like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them"

As I've said countless times before, THE ONLY GOOD NAZI IS A DEAD NAZI!

For those of you that don't know what it's like to have to constantly look over your shoulder, it's not pleasant.

It's time to cancel this "reality show" folks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment