Saturday, February 16, 2019

CHEAP DVDs - TAKE THIS WALTZ



So-called romance flicks are usually NOT on my must-see list. However, there are exceptions, and this movie is definitely an exception to the rule.

FYI - this is a Canadian film, written and directed by Sarah Polley. It stars Michelle Williams and some other familiar faces. I also want to mention how beautifully filmed this movie is.

I remember hearing a lot about TAKE THIS WALTZ. Unfortunately, it was only about the nude scenes. I never heard or read much about the story.



I think of WALTZ, as an unromantic slice of life. Yes, it has romance, and comedy in it. But, those things do NOT make this a romantic comedy.

The romance in this movie is NOT the cliched crap you've seen in other flicks and the comedy in WALTZ is dark.

None of the characters are assholes, so you don't really cheer against anyone, but you do find yourself cheering for Margot ( Michelle Williams ).



As for the nudity, is it worthy of all the hype?... Yes, in my opinion it is. Michelle Williams has some full-frontals in this film, but the movie is actually worth watching.

I found this DVD at the DOLLAR TREE. So, do I want my money back?.... NO!



TAKE THIS WALTZ

DISC INFO

FORMAT - region one DVD ( MAGNOLIA )

BOOKLET / FOLDER / SHEET? - None

SLEVE? - None

WIDEscreen

EXTRAS? - Yes, there are trailers for 2 DAYS IN NEW YORK, 360, THE GOOD DOCTOR, STEVE JOBS THE LAST INTERVIEW, AXS TV, and TAKE THIS WALTZ.
Also, MAKING OF TAKING THE WALTZ, and AXS TV A LOOK AT TAKE THIS WALTZ

RATING - R

PRICE - One dollar!

No comments:

Post a Comment