Tuesday, May 22, 2012

THE IRON SNATCH, OR WHY I HATE MOVIES THAT GLORIFY POLITICIANS



WARNING, rant ahead...

It's election season in the United States... You can NOT escape it!... If the NEVERending stream of HEADACHE-INDUCING, OBNOXIOUS, and FRAUDULENT TV commercials don't make you sick, then the radio, and internet ads will!

I HATE election season. Even when I was a kid, I hated it!

Let me REMIND YOU that POLITICIANS ARE ONE OF THE LOWEST FORMS OF LIFE on this planet. In terms of respectability, they're only a few notches above murderers, child molesters, and rapists!... The only interests they're looking out for, is their own, and that's NEVER GOING TO CHANGE!





POLITICIANS and governments make our lives as complicated and miserable as possible. Unfortunately, the only alternative is anarchy, and as we all know, that's far worse.

The only thing I HATE more than POLITICIANS, are MOVIES THAT GLORIFY POLITICIANS!

Which brings me to one of this year's ACADEMY AWARD WINNING CRAPFESTS. It's called THE IRON SNATCH, excuse me, I meant to say THE IRON LADY... NO, that's NOT true, I meant to say THE IRON SNATCH!

Oh well, this movie joins a LONG list of cinematic cures for insomnia. It's also another example of a film that has been given accolades it did NOT deserve!

Speaking of accolades, does Meryl Streep really need another award? Is she the only actress in existence?... It's just business as usual for the CLUELESS SHITHEADS at AMPAS.

I can honestly say, that I do NOT know a single person that has seen the IRON LADY. Even more importantly, I do NOT know anyone that wants to see it!... Remember the fuss about CHARIOTS OF FIRE?!





Do you also remember when AMPAS gave an OSCAR to that FUCKING LOWLIFE POLANSKI?!... If POLANSKI's name were John Smith, lived in their neighborhood, and was a doctor or auto mechanic, do you think they would treat him with respect?! Would they KISS his ass, or KICK his ass?!

Does that surprise you?... It shouldn't. The folks at the ACADEMY AWARDS are even MORE OUT-OF-TOUCH than the MPAA!

One thing is for certain, most award shows stand for MEDIOCRITY, ASS-KISSING, and NEPOTISM!





I'm also NOT surprised they gave awards to THE ARTIST. It's safe and NON-offensive. But at least THE ARTIST is LOVED BY REAL PEOPLE.

I know folks that have gone out of their way to watch that movie. It actually deserved to win awards. The filmmakers took risks. I mean, when was the last time someone you know, saw a silent movie?!





Anyway, THE GREAT DICTATOR, ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN, BLAZE, and DICK are the ONLY politically themed movies I've ever liked, or ever had respect for.


"PATRIOTISM IS THE LAST REFUGE OF A SCOUNDREL" - QUOTE BY Samuel Johnson


It felt good to get that off my chest....

No comments:

Post a Comment