Saturday, February 9, 2013

FUGITIVE GIRLS POSTER



I really love the art on this poster.

Of all the movies Rene Bond appeared in, this is by far my favorite. I've seen it countless times since childhood, and I never get tired of it.

Rene Bond plays Toni. She and her cellmates, break out of prison and head for a hidden stash of cash, and a new life.

Ed Wood plays two characters in FUGITIVE GIRLS ( a caretaker of a small airfield, and a cop ).

But, that's NOT all he does. He also co-wrote FUGITIVE GIRLS.

Mr. Wood is one of my all time favorite filmmakers, and I love watching him perform in this movie.


Rene Bond as Toni


Ed Wood as "pop"... and a cop

FUGITIVE GIRLS was released on VHS by several companies, but I don't know if any of those releases were legit.

It was also released on DVD / DVD-R many times, and by many companies.


SMORE has released FUGITIVE GIRLS on region one DVD at least three times!... As a solo disc, as part of a collection called THE LASCIVIOUS WORLD OF A.C. STEVENS & ED D. WOOD JR, and as part of a boxed set called BIG BOX OF WOOD.

NOTE: SMORE's release of FUGITIVE GIRLS is CUT!... My copy clocks in at 83 minutes 57 seconds.

I've been told repeatedly, that the uncut version of this movie has been sold on VHS, and DVD-R, but I can't remember the names of the companies that sold them.


Main menu for SMORE's solo disc

FYI: FUGITIVE WOMEN is also known as FIVE LOOSE WOMEN, and HOT ON THE TRAIL, and a bunch of other titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment