Tuesday, July 12, 2016

THIS AND THAT ( JULY 2016 ) - PART 2


Above is a cover scan of ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY... I got this issue, and four others, for free at a MOVIESTOP location that is closing.

It's NOT, I repeat, NOT... sexism!!!!!

The word sexism is once again being abused. This time by publications like ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY and most of the people involved with the GHOSTBUSTERS remake.

I guess ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY is scared of losing SONY's support if they don't tow-the-company-line.

The people behind GHOSTBUSTERS seem to be going out of their way to bash anybody that criticizes the 2016 remake of GHOSTBUSTERS. Well, I don't know about you folks, but that REALLY PISSES ME OFF!

I'm NOT going to bash a movie I have NOT seen, but I'm also NOT going to praise it for the very same reason.

Apparently, SONY has already come-up with a BULLSHIT EXCUSE, if their remake fails at the box office. They will simply blame it on sexism.

Why didn't the OVERPAID HACKS at the studio, simply make a NEW story for this movie, instead of producing another UNwanted REMAKE?!

Dear SONY, I got news for you and all the MAN-HATERS, if people don't like the GHOSTBUSTERS remake, it will be because the movie SUCKS... in a BAD way.....



ENDEAVOUR: RIDE.....

ENDEAVOUR is a tv show from England. The show revolves around a young inspector Morse. So obviously, the stories take place before the INSPECTOR MORSE, and INSPECTOR LEWIS shows.

This tv series shows us a more impulsive, and far more interesting version of Morse.

In the United States, ENDEAVOUR airs on PBS.

The episode I watched is called RIDE ( season 3 episode 1 ).

RIDE has become one of my favorite evil twin stories. I don't think I should say anything more about the story.



The camera work is subtly amazing. Parts of this episode are mesmerizingly beautiful.

RIDE stars, Shaun Evans as Endeavour Morse, Roger Allam as Fred Thursday, Jemima West as Kay Belborough, David Oakes as Joss Bixby, and many others.

A very nice looking LAGONDA convertible also appears in this episode - at least I think it was a LAGONDA.

QUOTES from this episode.

"You live in the shadows long enough, you forget the sunlight"

"The further a man runs away from his nature, the sooner it will find him out"

"There's no real magic in this world, only love. The rest is just smoke and mirrors"



BAZOOKA AND MARS ATTACKS.....

As a kid, I loved putting numerous slabs of TOPPS BAZOOKA bubble gum in my mouth and then attempt to blow the biggest bad-ass bubble in recorded history. Alas, I always failed. But, at least I got a cool comic with every pack!

Just for the record, a company called FLEER also made bubble gum with a comic ( I liked them too ).

Anyway, I got two books. One is about BAZOOKA and the other deals with the MARS ATTACKS trading cards.

They're beautiful looking books, and each comes with four unique trading cards.



I purchased both of these new hardcover books for $4.95 each from HAMILTON BOOK ( I think they only ship to the continuous 48 states, but I'm not sure - you can try emailing them to find out for certain ).

I'm hoping I'll find the two volumes on WACKY PACKAGES for the same price. Last year, I saw one of those volumes on sale at a local BARNES & NOBLE, but it was more than I was willing to pay - I want a LOW price!... ha-ha-ha.



CONNED AGAIN!, AND AGAIN!, AND AGIAN!, AND AGAIN!.....

During the last five years, a lot of 'CONS' have ended up being big failures, or even bigger RIP-OFFs!

I went searching for a recent example and found one.

In May 2016, a lot of showbiz folks and attendees were ALLEGEDLY ripped-off at a 'CON' in Houston Texas.

If you're dumb enough to spend THOUSANDS of DOLLARS at a pop-culture event, then you DESERVE TO LOSE IT!

I have an extremely difficult time feeling any sympathy for most of those folks.

I've said this before, and I'm going to say it again, they piss-n-moan, and yet they keep forking over their money. They're all a bunch of FUCKING-BRAIN-DEAD-DOUCHEBAGS!



The following quotes were posted at a website called BLEEDING COOL.COM ( from May 30, 2016 - by Rich Johnston ).....

"Police Called On Cast Of Sons Of Anarchy After They Demanded Space City Comic Con Pay Up"

"I can’t even explain how horrible it was the tell people who traveled all the way from England, China, Australia,etc., that the $800-$3000 that they spent on a prepaid ticket will not be honored at the desk at the majority of the sons of anarchy autograph sessions"

The quote below came from a website called officialavajade.com ( from May 29, 2016 - by ? ).....

"Many VIPS opened their wallets and depleted their savings for this once in a lifetime event"

Key words, "depleted their savings"... Am I supposed to feel sorry for those RETARDS?!... No SANE person drains their savings account for fucking autographs! That's FUCKING ABSURD BEYOND BELIEF!



Did I mention the obvious?... Most of those same individuals will dig themselves into a financial hole, that they'll never be able to climb out of.

Many obsessed CON-goers refer to autographs, as things they NEED. They do NOT say I WANT those autographs, they say I NEED those autographs... Wrong!... Food, water, transportation, and shelter, are things you NEED!

Days later, the same con-goers are pissing-n-moaning about the so-called "celebrities" they paid. But, guess what?... They are just going end up doing it all over again at the next convention! This is one of the many reasons, I have NO sympathy for those idiots.

A few days later, you'll probably hear a phone conversation like this...

CON-GOER - "Hi dad. Is it ok if I borrow $4,500 dollars?"

HIS FATHER - "What?!"

CON-GOER - "I don't have enough to make my house payment this month. I also need to pay the credit card bill, utilities, health insurance, auto insurance, and homeowners insurance"

HIS FATHER - "Put, Samantha on the phone!"

CON-GOER - "Who?"

HIS FATHER - "Your wife!"

CON-GOER - "Oh... She hasn't lived here for at lesst three months"

HIS FATHER - "What the hell are you talking about?! Where's your wife and my grandchildren?!"

CON-GOER - "Well, when she got back from her business trip, she got bent out-of-shape, just because social services threatened to take the kids away from us.
Apparently, a teacher noticed some of Gina's teeth were rotting and notified the authorities. So I went to Gina's school to talk to the nosey bitch. I told her to mind her own fucking business, and she took it the wrong way. Plus, I told the teacher I needed to spend my money on important things... I tried explaining to that heartless twat, that I need ten WALKING DEAD autographs, and ..."

HIS FATHER - "I don't believe this...." - Silence ensues, followed by the busy signal after he hangs up.

CON-GOER - "Hello?... Dad, are you there?...."

I don't think I need to say more.

4 comments:

  1. I had a set of the original MARS ATTACKS cards when they were new in what, 1963?

    I used to collect a lot of gum card sets as a kid back then, but all I have left is a handful of the original OUTER LIMITS cards with the crazy labels on the alien pics and totally made-up stories (that had nothing to do with the show or episodes) on the back. The LOST IN SPACE black and white photo card set was good too, especially the one portrait shot of a big-headed alien cut out of the pilot and early episodes.

    All I collect now is CDs, DVDs, and occasionally some of the reprint hardcover books of Ditko's Charlton comic stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KEEP those cards!... Some of those cards are worth a decent amount of money!

      Delete
  2. Anyhoo, I have a film to finish before Xmas, so...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3-a4qWCtIg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck meeting your deadline, and thanks for the link!... Like millions of others, I have very fond memories of his work...

      Delete