Wednesday, June 14, 2017

RANDOMNESS.....


Newspaper ad for WATCH THE BIRDIE... from Toledo Ohio 1965.

MOVIE ADS: WATCH THE BIRDIE

Think about all the times you've probably seen Richard B. Shull in a movie, or tv show.

Most people knew his face, but not his name.

I always got a kick out of watching him perform.


Screengrabs from WATCH THE BIRDIE

In my opinion, WATCH THE BIRDIE is a really fun flick.

Mr. Shull was also in a tv show called HOLMES AND YO-YO. The show didn't last long. He played a cop, and his partner was a robot ( yes, it was a comedy ). It was goofy fun, and I liked it.


Screengrabs from HOLMES AND YO-YO

VHS? - I don't know.
DVD? - Yes..... WATCH THE BIRDIE was released on DVD-R by SOMETHING WEIRD VIDEO.
BLU-RAY? - Not that I know of.
ONLINE? - Yes.


Newspaper ad for THE LOVE CULT... from Youngstown Ohio 1966.

MOVIE ADS: THE LOVE CULT

This movie doesn't seem to get a lot of affection, but I like THE LOVE CULT.


Screengrabs from THE LOVE CULT

VHS? - I don't know.
DVD? - Yes..... It was released on pressed and DVD-R by SOMETHING WEIRD VIDEO.
BLU-RAY? - Not that I know of.
ONLINE? - Yes.


Newspaper ad for PINOCCHIO IN OUTER SPACE... from Rome Georgia 1965.

MOVIE ADS: PINOCCHIO IN OUTER SPACE

I love this animated movie. I saw it on tv many times when I was young.

In my opinion, it's one of the most creative versions of PINOCCHIO ever made. I also remember the EROTIC ADVENTURES OF PINOCCHIO, but it was obviously aimed at a older crowd.


Screengrabs from PINOCCHIO IN OUTER SPACE

VHS? - I don't know.
DVD? - I don't know.
BLU-RAY? - Not that I know of.
ONLINE? - Yes.


Newspaper ad for CHEERING SECTION and THE LOVE TRUCK... from Toledo Ohio 1977.

MOVIE ADS: CHEERING SECTION & THE LOVE TRUCK

I've seen THE LOVE TRUCK aka BLUE SUMMER more than a few times at drive-in theaters and on DVD. It's one of Chuck Vincent's films, and I like it.

As for CHEERING SECTION, I don't remember ever watching it. After you've watched countless films and shows, you can't possibly remember everything, right?



VHS? - I don't know.
DVD? - Yes... CHEERING SECTION was released by SATURN ( aka CODE RED - part of a double feature ).
BLU-RAY? - Not as I write this.
ONLINE? - Yes.


Newspaper ad for WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST and ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE... from Toledo Ohio 1958.

MOVIE ADS: WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST & ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE

I've seen ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE many times, and still like it.

I like WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST far more than PUPPET PEOPLE.

I loved watching it on tv as a kid. I also liked the first film called THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN.


Screengrabs from WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST

VHS? - I don't know.
DVD? - Yes..... WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST was released by LIONSGATE ( part of a double feature )
BLU-RAY? - Not that I know of.
ONLINE? - Yes.



DOLLAR TREE BOOKS.....

I went to one of my local DOLLAR TREE locations, and the book section had been 'picked-through'. However, I did manage to find a hardcover novel called THE DOUBLE. I have NOT had time to read it yet.

THE DOUBLE
WRITER - George Pelecanos
COMPANY - LITTLE BROWN
ISBN - 9780316078399
HARDcover
PRICE - $1.00



"HATE BEGETS HATE".....

Nobody should claim they're shocked by what happened.

TRUMP and the GOP have just as much BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS as the attacker... Maybe even more.

THEY planted the SEEDS OF HATE in our nation, and now THEIR CROP is being harvested in the ugliest way imaginable.

If they want to point fingers and blame someone, they should look into the mirror.....

1 comment:

  1. "I like WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST far more than PUPPET PEOPLE."

    Agree, with two thumbs up.

    PUPPET PEOPLE is on DVD, but aside from the acting of John Hoyt as the twisted puppet-maker, it's excruciating to watch.

    ReplyDelete