Saturday, March 19, 2011

THE VENGEFUL VIRGIN



Jack works at shop that sells TVs, radios and other things. He's also good at electronics, and that knowledge will become extremely important soon.

One day he meets a young woman named Shirley. She cares for her bedridden stepfather.

Sparks fly between them. Soon they're plotting a kinder, gentler type of murder.

Shirley feels imprisoned, and for some reason, she thinks Jack holds the key to her freedom. She desperately wants to be loved by Jack. But her insecurities may get the best of her.

So what does Jack love more? The money? Or Shirley?

Things quickly spiral out of control...

BOOK INFO:
ISBN ( 978-0857683748 )
AUTHOR - Gil Brewer
COVER ARTIST - Gregory Manchess
COMPANY - Hard Case Crime
OBTAINED AT - Big Lots
PRICE - $2.00
SOFTcover
SIZE - approximately 4" wide by 6.5" tall
PAGES - 220



DO I WANT MY MONEY BACK?:
NO!... I love this book!

An extremely fun book to read. The descriptions are vivid and I could picture the characters doing all these things in my mind.

I highly recommend this book to anybody that truly loves classic era film noir.

Even though my book was purchased new, it had a creased corner and a few other imperfections. But, it's condition only seemed to enhance my reading experience.

As far as I know, this story was never made into a movie, and that's truly a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment