Thursday, November 21, 2013

FALLEN ANGELS



FALLEN ANGELS is a documentary about the adult industry ( as it existed in the early to mid eighties ).

It's honest, unintentionally funny, and much better than you might think.



QUOTE from the film ( customer that's renting the CAMP BEAVERLAKE tape ) - "It's a funny title... Ya' know, when I was a kid and went to camp, I always looked for beaver. Now that I'm an adult, I'm still looking for beaver"

Do you think these customers ever got together and had in-depth discussions about these flims?... "Did the blowjob in scene three, represent humanity's callous and destructive attitude towards mother nature?"...... hummmm.....

I wonder if some of those guys slept with their rental tapes? ( like a kid sleeps with a teddy bear ).



At one point, you'll see Traci Lords attending the premiere of NEW WAVE HOOKERS. Obviously, this happened BEFORE her secret was exposed.

There was a time, when a lot of adult movies were actually real movies - but with real sex.

So please keep in mind, that when this documentary was released, most adult "films" were NO longer real "movies".

You can NOT compare films like THE PRIVATE AFTERNOONS OF PAMELA MANN, or THE DEVIL IN MISS JONES, or even WANDA WHIPS WALL STREET, to all the lowest common denominator shot-on-video crapfests that replaced them.

The mid eighties seemed to be the beginning of the end for real adult movies. When I say "real adult movies", I'm referring to films that actually used SCRIPTS with real stories, and gasp, exterior scenes shot on location!


"parking in rear"... get it?... ha-ha-ha....


What do you suppose he's thinking about?.... ha-ha-ha-ha....

I don't know which company released FALLEN ANGELS on VHS. But, I do remember winning this tape - and a few others - in a video rental store contest. I no longer have it, or the other tapes.

As far as I know, a legit region one DVD does NOT exist. However, you can get a grey-market DVD-R from J4HI.COM... NOTE: I do NOT own a copy, so I can't tell you if it's worth buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment