Saturday, February 28, 2015

TELEVISION ADS: STAR TREK


Newspaper ad for STAR TREK ( from Spokane Washington U.S.A. - Feb. 16, 1968 ).

I was NOT a big fan of STAR TREK during my youth. But, I would still watch it, and I actually liked some of the episodes. STAR TREK did some gutsy things. Such as, occasionally tackling subject matter, that most shows of the era wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

I've never understood the appeal of William Shatner. I've always felt ambivalent towards him.

However, I did like Leonard Nimoy ( 1931 – 2015 ). He did a lot of different things - writing, photography, and more.

He also had a long career.

Mr. Nimoy did A LOT of tv shows, and also appeared in theatrical films. I really liked watching his character in the 1978 version of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS.

Mr. Nimoy will be missed by many.....

QUOTES BELOW ARE FROM THE NASA WEBSTIE ( February 27, 2015 ).....

NASA WEBSITE

"NASA is mourning the passing today of actor Leonard Nimoy, most famous for his role as Star Trek's Vulcan science officer Mr. Spock. The sci-fi classic served as an inspiration for many at NASA over the years, and Nimoy joined other cast members at special NASA events, including the 1976 rollout of the shuttle Enterprise, named for the show's iconic spacecraft"

1 comment:

  1. Completely agree about Nimoy vs. Shatner.

    Shatner reached his peak in Corman's The Intruder.

    Nimoy on the other hand, WAS Star Trek.

    ReplyDelete