Monday, April 24, 2017

MANHATTAN PROJECT


Newspaper ad for MANHATTAN PROJECT ( from June 1986 - Montreal Canada ).

When this movie was new, I watched it in the theater for free.

I thought MANHATTAN PROJECT was going to be a smart-ass teen flick, but I was wrong. This film is NOT business-as-usual.

You may think, that you're going to hate John Lithgow's charater, but you don't, because he's NOT a bad guy.



This movie is well written, and I really liked it, and still do.

MANHATTAN PROJECT was written by Marshall Brickman and Thomas Baum. It was also directed by Marshall Brickman.

It stars, Christopher Collet, Cynthia Nixon, John Lithgow, Jill Eikenberry, John Mahoney and other familar faces.



Cynthia Nixon looks so cute in this movie, and seeing her with long hair brought back a flood of memories. She reminded me of someone I was very fond of during my last year in high school. One day she told me, what I was feeling for her was infatuation, not love. Well, she was right.

The last time I saw her, I said some stupid things - if I could take those words back, I would. In my defense, my mind was full of unpleasant things that were happening in my life at the time.

Anyway, I think this is a very underrated film.

This movie was released on VHS by HBO / CANNON.

I'm not sure, but I think it was also released on BETA.

You can also find it on region one DVD by MGM. A company called KINO LORBER has also released it on pressed disc.

KINO LORBER has released it on BLU-RAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment