Tuesday, April 25, 2017

BIG BANG THEORY - SEASON TWO



A family member gave me this season two set ( and a bunch of other sets also ). The discs are really scratched, and yet, they all play perfectly! It's missing the cardboard sleeve, but I don't care.... it was FREE!

BIG BANG THEORY SEASON TWO has four discs ( 23 episodes ).

The set was released by WARNER BROS ( region one ).



Two flaps hold two discs each. They're housed in a transparent standard sized case.



The DVD cover is printed on both sides. There's also an eight sided 'fold-out' style booklet.

All the episodes are presented in widescreen.

Three special features are found on the fourth disc. Those extras are...
1 - PHYSICIST TO THE STARS
2 - TESTING THE INFINITE HILARITY HYPOTHESIS IN RELATION TO THE BIG BANG THEORY
3 - GAG REEL


Screengrabs from the episode THE MATERNAL CAPACITANCE... Penny ( Kaley Cuoco ) and Leonard ( Johnny Galecki ), doing tequila shots and transfering a lime wedge from her mouth to his - he also got to lick her pretty neck... I've said it before, and I'm going to say it again... some guys have all the luck!


Screengrab and quote from the episode THE FINANCIAL PERMEABILITY.....

Penny - "What are you saying?.. That I'm using my body to get dinner?.. That I'm some sort of Chinese food prostitute?!"

Quotes from the episode THE PANTY PINATA POLARIZATION.....

Leonard - "Hey, for the record, what you guys are doing is really creepy"

Howard - "You know what?.. If it's creepy to use the internet, military satellites and robot aircraft to find a house full of gorgeous young models, so that I can drop in on them unexpectedly, then fine, I'm creepy"


Screengrabs and quotes from THE DEAD HOOKER JUXTAPOSITITION.....

Howard - "According to Alicia's facebook page, she's hooking-up with one of the producers of CSI"

Penny - "Well, dead hooker on TV, live one in real life"


Screengrabs from THE HOFSTADTER ISOTOPE.


Screengrab from THE MONOPOLAR EXPEDITION.

I usually avoid sitcoms at all costs. The BIG BANG THEORY is different, and I mean that in a good way.

For a show that airs on a free channel, it's well above average, in regards to writing and acting.

The writers have done a truly amazing job. They've successfully combined intelligent dialogue, human nature, and gutter humor, into a tasty cinematic burrito.

All the characters are human, NOT caricatures. The same is also true of the secondary characters.

I also love the camera work.

Everyone involved with this show really does an incredible job, and I really mean that.


Screengrabs above are from... clockwise from top left, WORK SONG MANOCLUSTER, BATH ITEM GIFT, HYPOTHESIS BARBARIAN SUBLIMATION, and FRIENDSHIP ALGORITHM.

There's more intelligently written dialogue in one scene of BIG BANG THEORY, than in the entire TEN YEAR run of FRIENDS! The only reason I ever watched FRIENDS, was to drool over Jennifer Aniston ( in those early episodes ).

The acting is also superior to what you usually find on the average American sitcom. Mayim Bialik, Kaley Cuoco, and Melissa Rauch, don't seem to get the same amount of respect as the actors. I don't think that's right.

let me give you an example... I never thought much of Kaley Cuoco as an actress, but after watching her perform in this show, I now see her differently. During some of the scenes I've watched, her performances have matched and even surpassed people like Lauren Graham. I can't even pronounce most of the scientific words that have come out of her mouth, let alone say them in such a precise and rapid manner! She's truly amazing.


Screengrabs from the episode THE KILLER ROBOT INSTABILITY

Quote from the episode THE LIZARD-SPOCK EXPANSION.....

Penny - "You started by asking if I was from Mars, because my ass was out of this world"

I've disliked most of the shows that Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady have been part of, but I truly love this one.


Above are two of Chuck Lorre's vanity cards.

FYI - Chuck Lorre wrote an episode of TOXIC CRUSADERS.

Quote from the episode THE PANTY PINATA POLARIZATION.....

Sheldon - "I suggest you get a very long stick and play panty pinata"

I hate it, when I hear some ass-tard say "it's not perfect"... Give me a fucking break!... NOTHING is PERFECT!... NOTHING! Just remember that, and you'll enjoy life much more.

Anyway, this show has become cinematic 'comfort food' for me. It makes me laugh, and it makes me very happy.....

7 comments:

  1. TBBT is about the ONLY modern sitcom I can stand watching, and 9 times out of ten I laugh my head off (although the show was a lot more fun IMHO in early seasons).

    I think the show "jumped the shark" when Howard went into orbit (making an ass of himself as usual), on the International Space Station.

    And yes, I have known a "Sheldon Cooper" type in real life...in fact, two of them. Glad they're not in my life any longer...safely both are several states away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MANY THANKS FOR THE COMMENT!.....

      I forgive BIG BANG for that specific episode. Here's why, because it's something Howard would actually do. Most shows have a person do something completely OUT-OF-CHARACTER, or something RIDICULOUS - like Fonzie literally 'jumping-the-shark'.

      I also forgive BIG BANG for doing what would be considered 'stunt casting'. Such as, when Stephen Hawking, Wil Wheaton, and others appeared on the show. Those folks 'fit' perfectly within the BIG BANG universe, I think you know what I mean.

      After all these years - which have flown by - I still love this show. In fact, I probably like it even more than when it started.

      The characters have evolved with the changes in their lives. In my opinion, that has really helped keep the show fresh, and 'real'.

      I can NOT believe they've already reached the TEN season mark!... I do hope they end the show after season 12.

      Just for the record, I can identify with Leonard.

      Delete
  2. Wil Wheaton is really, incredibly, annoyingly self-righteous and obnoxious in real life, even more than he is in movies and tv shows. Go away Wil, and take your ego with you!

    There are several performers on the show I like a LOT, for example the often hilarious Amy, the "Bawwy Kwipke" guy who is a perfect foil for Sheldon, and what would TBBT be without Penny Penny Penny?!

    However, I think they made a big mistake letting Raj's friend Lucy (Kate Micucci) go! She was the perfect girl for Raj, but they should have kept her in the show somehow.

    Yep, Leonard's the Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In regards to Wil Wheaton, I believe you, I really do.... AND sometimes the exact opposite is true. You'll meet someone you think is going to be an EGOMANIAC and ASSHOLE, but they're NOT.

      One of my most UNPLEASANT encounters, was with a person that was part of the cable series DEXTER - and that's all I'm going to say about them.

      For what it's worth, I agree about Kate Micucci. Her character was just as screwed-up as Kunal Nayyar's character... maybe they will bring her back, almost anything is possible on this show.

      And yes, Mayim Bialik, and John Ross Bowie are fantastic!... And so is Melissa Rauch, and Kevin Sussman.

      There's only a few episodes left this season, and I can't wait to see tonight's episode.

      Delete
  3. Agreed re: Rauch and Sussman. As to the latter and the comics shop scenes, while I've made a really good, longtime friends in one, I could probably write a short story about a couple of comic shops, lol.

    Will try to catch tonight's TBBT.

    The only actor I spent time around and would sooner walk on hot coals than repeat the experience...Gerrit Graham.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite part of last night's episode, was when Tammy-Jo Saint Cloud - Bernadette's ventriloquist dummy - was introduced.

      I was laughing so hard I farted repeatedly!... I had chili-dogs for dinner last night, so that may also have been a contributing factor in my flatulence-of-happiness. Good thing nobody else was in the same room... ha-ha-ha.....

      Quote by Tammy-Jo Saint Cloud - "If you don't mind a few splinters, we can have us a menage-a-trois... oooh"

      You can usually watch the latest episodes on the CBS website a week after they air on TV.

      Tammy-Jo Saint Cloud gave me an idea for a short post... coming soon.

      Delete
  4. Well...I'm glad we weren't in the same room. LOL!

    Tammy-Jo Saint Cloud sounds crazy great! I will have to watch it online. I overdosed on BUZZR channel reruns and passed out...

    ReplyDelete