Tuesday, May 16, 2017

THIS AND THAT - MAY 2017


Screengrabs from the BIG BANG THEORY ( episode THE LONG DISTANCE DISSONANCE ).

A VERY SHORT OPEN LETTER TO MR. CHUCK LORRE.....

I loved the way season ten of THE BIG BANG THEORY ended.

In my opinion, the show is even more focused on human nature, funnier, and creative, than when it started.

Many others have stated, that THE BIG BANG THEORY celebrates intelligence, and I agree one hundred percent. Truly an incredible effort by all of you.


Screengrab of Chuck Lorre's vanity card website.

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS VANITY CARD ARCHIVE

Mr. Lorre... I hope you, Mr. Prady, and everyone else involved with THE BIG BANG THEORY, will end the program at season twelve. Please end the show while people still love it.


Screengrabs from HOME MOVIES.

HOME MOVIES.....

Quote from HOME MOVIES... Kirk Douglas's character - "Forever an extra, never a star"

My three favorite things about this Brian De Palma film, are Nancy Allen, Keith Gordon, and the ventriloquist bunny - yes, I meant to write bunny, NOT dummy.

Anyway, I would have preferred to have seen Ms. Allen's character and her bunny, as serial killers. That would have been a lot of fun.


Screengrab from HOME MOVIES.

I will be hunting for this film - and a few others - at DOLLAR TREE locations, HAMILTON BOOK.COM, pawn shops, used stores, garage sales, and swap-meets / flea markets.

VHS? - I'm almost positive there was a legit tape in the United States, but I can not remember the company that released it.

DVD? - Yes, it was released on region one disc by a company called CLASSIC REEL ENTERTAINMENT. As I write this, it's still out-of-print. I don't know if any other company released this film on region one DVD. There might be grey-market DVD-Rs, but those types of discs are a BIG waste of money.

BLU RAY? - No, at least not in the United States.

ONLINE? - Yes

Thanks to anonymous for reminding me about this film and the link.



MORE BOOK BARGAINS.....

I found three movie related books on the shelves of one of my local DOLLAR TREE stores.

I have not had the time to read any of them.

They are.....

GODZILLA ( 2014 version - movie tie-in )
WRITER - Greg Cox
COMPANY - Titan
ISBN - 9781783290949
SOFTcover - mass market paperback
PRICE - $1.00

DARK KNIGHT RISES ( movie tie-in )
WRITER - Greg Cox
COMPANY - Titan
ISBN - 9781781161067
SOFTcover - mass market paperback
PRICE - $1.00

DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES: FIRESTORM
WRITER - Greg Keyes
COMPANY - Titan
ISBN - 9781783292257
SOFTcover - mass market paperback
PRICE - $1.00


Screengrabs from RAT PFINK A BOO BOO.

RAY DENNIS STECKLER.....

During the past year, I've repeatedly broken my "no DVDs that cost more than one dollar" rule. So, why have I repeatedly ignored my own rule?... Because I keep finding bargains.

I found a Ray Dennis Steckler DVD boxed set for only $3.95 ( from HAMILTON BOOK ).

It's called the MIDNIGHT MOVIES COLLECTION ( GUILTY PLEASURES / MEDIA BLASTERS ). This set contains four standard sized DVD cases, housed in a thin cardboard slip-case.

The movies are, LEMON GROVE KIDS MEET THE MONSTERS TRILOGY ( three shorts ), INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES WHO STOPPED LIVING AND BECAME MIXED UP ZOMBIES, RAT PFINK A BOO BOO, and THE THRILL KILLERS. This boxed set is dripping with cheesy goodness.

All of these films put a big smile on my face.


Screengrabs from THE THRILL KILLERS.

There are a lot of movies I've watched repeatedly since childhood, and some of those flicks were made by Mr. Steckler.


Screengrabs from RAT PFINK A BOO BOO - featuring Rox Anne.

Movies like these, have brought me a lot of joy over the years. As an adult, I experience a lot of different emotions when I watch these films. A lot of Happiness, but also some sadness. Many places, such as the PIKE amusement park are gone, and so are many of the people that worked on these films.


Screengrabs from LEMON GROVE KIDS MEET THE GREEN GRASSHOPPER AND THE VAMPIRE LADY FROM OUTER SPACE.

When I read - or hear- CRUEL BULLSHIT remarks about the people involved with these movies - and other films - I feel like tracking down those fucking RETARDS and hitting them in the FUCKING FACE with a BASEBALL BAT. I also feel like putting them in the same room with the family members of the folks they're laughing at, and bad-mouthing.

PROFESSIONAL-TROLL-DOUCHEBAGS, like MST3K, should be the first recipients of a good beating by the families of everyone they've made personal attacks on.


Screengrabs from LEMON GROVE KIDS MEET THE MONSTER.... QUOTES below by Ray Dennis Steckler ( from the audio commentary ).....

"That's Cindy... Cindy was Carol's best friend, and she was just wonderful. Bob Burns as the mummy... the great Bob Burns. Now Cindy, let me tell you, when she did this scene, she was dying of cancer. And she was actually in the hospital, and she snuck-out of the hospital and climbed all the way up the hill to my house... walked... I mean, it was just unbelievable, just so she could be in this scene, and she knew, she had a couple of weeks left to live"

Enough said.....


Screengrabs from A GOOD TIME WITH A BAD GIRL... Anybody know which issue of WONDER WOMAM she is reading?

MAHON MANIA.....

This is a short and very superficial look, at one of my favorite filmmakers, Barry Mahon.

I absolutely love most of his short and full length films. His movies make me happy.


Screengrabs - clockwise from upper left hand corner - DIARY OF KNOCKERS MCCALLA, CONFESSIONS OF A BAD GIRL!, and at the bottom, THE SWINGING NURSES.

Some of my favorite female performers appear in his flicks. Those gorgeous gals are, Judy Adler, Darlene Bennett, Gigi Darlene, and June Roberts - to name just a few.


Screengrabs from NUDE IN THE POOL.


Screengrabs from BOTTOMS UP!


Screengrabs from SANTA AND THE THREE BEARS.

Barry Mahon allegedly filmed the live-action segments of the animated kid's film, SANTA AND THE THREE BEARS.

Good luck, trying to find the uncut version on DVD. Every disc I've seen, is missing the live-action scenes ( at the beginning and ending of the film ). Fortunately, I was able to find the COMPLETE VERSION on YOUTUBE.


Screengrabs from THE WONDERFUL LAND OF OZ, and THUMBELINA.

I find it amusing, that his two most visually bizzare films were aimed at youngsters.

THE WONDERFUL LAND OF OZ and THUMBELINA have a nightmarish quality to them.


Screengrabs from A GOOD TIME WITH A BAD GIRL.

I'm hoping a boxed set of Mahon flicks - on proper pressed discs - will be released. Unfortunately, I think the odds are against that happening.

1 comment:

  1. Love Steckler's films...great fun, and a nice guy!

    As for "PROFESSIONAL-TROLL-DOUCHEBAGS, like MST3K, should be the first recipients of a good beating by the families of everyone they've made personal attacks on."

    RIGHT ON, BROTHER! People like the MST3K leeches and their followers who make cheap shots and personal attacks on people who have done things they couldn't begin to do, like oh, MAKE ACTUAL FILMS, deserve a little "instant karma" to say the least! Total d-bags!

    ReplyDelete