Monday, July 15, 2013

MORE VHS ERA ADS.....



The above ad is from 1990





The second and third advertisements are from 1978. The ads are from a company that is STILL IN BUSINESS!... The company is called VIDEO-X-PIX / DISTRIBPIX.


If you're reading this, then chances are, the VHS / BETA era was part of your life.

Well, for those of you that don't know, there are at least three VHS documentaries that I know of, and probably more on the way.

In addition, there has been a lot of activity in regards to NEW tapes being released. Plus, sales of old tapes are booming.

Everybody has their own reasons for collecting.

I don't know why I love this crap format, maybe it's the memories. As I've said before, I consider my tapes to be movie memorabilia.



PLASTIC MOVIES REWOUND
Written and directed by Mike Malloy



REWIND THIS!
Directed by Josh Johnson



ADJUST YOUR TRACKING
Written and directed by Dan M. Kinem and Levi Peretic


I don't know when - or if - any of these films will be released on DVD.

2 comments:

  1. My first VCR was a Beta (kick me)! Not only did I later have to re-buy most of my faves in VHS, but had to do it again for DVD. But when Sony strong-armed the industry to bring about the Bluray era, I called a halt to the double and triple dipping. Sorry Sony, ain't gonna "upgrade" so Blu can go Blo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, I'm NOT going to switch to BLU either

    ReplyDelete