Friday, April 18, 2014

MOVIE ADS: HOLLYWOOD BABYLON



HOLLYWOOD BABYLON is a film from the early 1970s. It's based on the book of the same name ( by Kenneth Anger ).

It's about celebrity scandals, and contains archive footage, reenactments, and more.

It's a twisted, yet entertaining movie. Just DON'T take it too seriously.

There's a lot of truth in the film, but there's also a lot of fiction.

It's been a very long time since I've seen this movie, so I don't remember very many details.

Adult film stars, Suzanne Fields, Andy Bellamy, and Sandy Carey supposedly appear in this film ( as does Uschi Digard - I don't care about her ).

Like I said before, it's been a very long time, so I don't really have a lot of vivid memories of the film.



As I write this, HOLLYWOOD BABYLON is still in print ( mass market paperback ).

WRITTEN BY - Kenneth Anger
ISBN ( 9780440153252 )
PUBLISHED BY - RANDOM HOUSE

There's also an hour long film from the early 1990s. It's called KENNETH ANGER'S HOLLYWOOD BABYLON by Nigel Finch ( Marianne Faithfull makes an appearance ).

I saw this film on YOU TUBE a few years ago, and I do not know much about it ( I can NOT find an IMDB page for it ).

I remember watching the 1970s version on VHS, but I can NOT remember if it was a legit tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment