Tuesday, April 21, 2015

BARGAIN BOOKS - SISSY SPACEK & PIPER LAURIE



TITLE OF BOOK - Sissy Spacek: My Extraordinary Ordinary Life

I have NOT had the time to read the entire book.

I've only been able to read a few random chapters and look through it.

As the title says, this book is about Sissy Spacek.



BOOK INFO:
ISBN ( 9781401324360 )
AUTHORS - Sissy Spacek and Maryanne Vollers
COVER ARTIST - None... Photo cover
COMPANY - Hyperion
OBTAINED AT - Dollar Tree
PRICE - $1.00
HARDcover
SIZE - approximately 6 1/2" wide by 9 1/2" tall
PAGES - approximately 271

DO I WANT MY MONEY BACK?:
No!...

It was only ONE FUCKING DOLLAR!

Normally, I don't buy books about actresses or actors, but there are exceptions to my rule.

For the price it was selling for, I definitely wasn't going to leave this on the shelf!


Some chapters have drawings. Those small and beautiful bits of art are directly related to the text.


There's also TWO photo sections ( eight pages each ). Those pages contain black and white photos AND some color pics also.

In case you're wondering, yes, there is a photo of her from CARRIE.




TITLE OF BOOK - Learning to Live Out Loud: A Memoir ( Piper Laurie )

I have NOT had the time to read the entire book.

I've only been able to read a few random chapters and look through it.

This book is about Piper Laurie.



BOOK INFO:
ISBN ( 9780823026685 )
AUTHOR - Piper Laurie
COVER ARTIST - None... Photo cover
COMPANY - Crown / Archetype
OBTAINED AT - Dollar Tree
PRICE - $1.00
HARDcover
SIZE - approximately 6 1/2" wide by 9 1/2" tall
PAGES - approximately 357

DO I WANT MY MONEY BACK?:
No!...

IT ONLY COST ONE DOLLAR!

I prefer my showbiz books to be about movies, or theaters, or companies, NOT about actresses or actors. Having said that, I wasn't going to say no to this book. It was only a dollar!

It contains a sixteen page photo section ( all of them black & white )


One of those photos, is a pin-up of Ms. Laurie from the forties. Wow!... What a babe! Unfortunately, it's not a full page picture.


Piper Laurie and Paul Newman ( THE HUSTLER )

Yes, there's a photo of her from CARRIE.

I noticed a few pages in the photo section are starting to become loose, but I don't care. I'm NOT going to complain about paying ONE DOLLAR for a recent HARDcover book.

No comments:

Post a Comment