Monday, October 26, 2015

RANDOM THOUGHTS - OCTOBER 2015


Above are three books I've purchased this year from a place called HAMILTON BOOK...

50 YEARS OF THE PLAYBOY BUNNY ( $3.95 - published by CHRONICLE - HARDcover - ISBN 9780811872263 )

MANHATTAN UNFURLED ( $4.95 - published by RANDOM HOUSE - HARDcover - ISBN 9780375504914 )

PROVING GROUND: A HISTORY OF DODGE, CHRYSLER, AND PLYMOUTH RACING ( $3.95 - published by MOTORBOOKS INTERNATIONAL - HARDcover - ISBN 9780760334584 )

BOOK BARGAINS..... If you live by a DOLLAR TREE store, and love books, then I highly recommend you visit them often. Where else are you going to find NEW books for ONE DOLLAR?! You'll pay more than that for USED books!

Just for the record, different locations, usually have different titles on their shelves.

Another great place for bargains, is called HAMILTON BOOK. I do NOT know if they ship outside of the continuous 48 states. I usually find a lot of out-of-print titles for under FIVE DOLLARS.


Above are just five of the books I've purchased this year, from the DOLLAR TREE...

BENEATH STILL WATERS ( $1.00 - published by BERKLEY - mass market paperback - ISBN 9780425201084 )

TRANSGRESSIONS John Farris & Stephen King ( $1.00 - published by FORGE BOOKS - mass market paperback - ISBN 9780765347510 )

DYING HOUR ( $1.00 - published by PINNACLE - mass market paperback - ISBN 9780786016976 )

THE BOOK OF THE MOON ( $1.00 - published by WALKER BOOKS - HARDcover - ISBN 9780802717344 )

ROVING MARS: SPIRIT, OPPORTUNITY, AND THE EXPLORATION OF THE RED PLANET ( $1.00 - published by HYPERION - HARDcover - ISBN 9781401301491 )

THIS BLOG'S FUTURE..... I'm not sure if I will still go forward with my plans to turn off the "adult warning". I have A LOT of mixed feelings.

My original intent for this blog, was to focus on writers, artists, photographers and just a little bit of shobiz. However, a lot of shobiz related material ended-up being featured on this blog.

Then GOOGLE wanted to censor - get rid of ALL nudity - from their BLOGGER pages, remember that? In some ways they've succeeded, because most blogs with the "adult warning" seem to get included in a subtle type of "blacklist".

If you searched for this blog before the censorship fiasco, you would get a fair amount of text and photo results. Now, you only seem to get one or two text listings, and only a few photo results for this blog ( via something called "RSS" ).

The visits went down when the censorship saga started. Now the visits have gone up again.

I still want to go back to my original vision of this blog. But, I think it's going to take far longer than I thought.

I created two new blogs, so I could transfer my R-rated content to my ACTRESS ALCOVE blog, and non book / art related posts to my POP CULTURE blog. I still plan on doing that.

I may - or may not - leave many shobiz posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment