Thursday, September 29, 2011

THE NIGHT AND THE MUSIC



In early October, Lawrence Block will be self-publishing a collection of ELEVEN short stories. All of them about Matthew Scudder.

It will have an introduction by film director / screenwriter Brian Koppelman and an afterword by Mr. Block.

It's called THE NIGHT AND THE MUSIC, and it will be available in the following formats... SEE LIST BELOW...

eBook - Kindle, Nook, Apple, "and all those served by Smashwords" - PRICE $2.99

Print-On-Demand PAPERback - PRICE $14.95

It will also be available as a LIMITED EDITION leather-bound HARDcover by Otto Penzler - PRICE $150.00

For more details visit Mr. Block's website.


LAWRENCE BLOCK ( OFFICIAL WEBSITE )


I've only been able to read one story. It's called OUT THE WINDOW, and I really love it.

It's about a waitress named Paula Wittlauer, and her apparent suicide.

Matt - an ex-cop with vertigo - meets her sister Ruth. She believes Paula was murdered, so she asks Matt for help.

I love Matt's attention to detail, and his determination.

I also love the fact he's a three dimensional character ( he has a heart ).

As I was reading this story, I was reminded of how some things never seem to change. Such as, the way we all take people and places for granted.

I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of this collection.

I am VERY thankful to Mr. Block, for sending these stories to me.

I've loved short stories - AND short films - since I was a kid. They're so much fun to read, and sometimes leave you wanting more... and that's a GOOD THING!


BOOK INFO:
ISBN FOR PAPERBACK ( 978-1-937387-32-7 )

ISBN FOR eBook ( 978-1-937387-31-0 )

AUTHOR - Lawrence Block

PAGES - 235

Telemachus Press ( PAPERback )

Otto Penzler ( HARDcover )

No comments:

Post a Comment