Tuesday, March 12, 2013

THE FIREBALL POSTER



I have a soft spot for roller derby movies ( AND bowling flicks ).

I think, I saw this on television when I was a kid.

Mickey Rooney stars in THE FIREBALL.

Marilyn Monroe has a small part, and she's the main reason I still remember this movie.



I knew Mr. Rooney was short, but he looks like a munchkin from THE WIZARD OF OZ standing next to Ms. Monroe.

Speaking of Marilyn Monroe, she looks jaw-droppingly adorable in this movie.

When I was young, I loved watching real roller derby on television.

I also liked watching roller derby movies. THE UNHOLY ROLLERS with Claudia Jennings ( 1949 – 1979 ), and KANSAS CITY BOMBER with Raquel Welch, are two great examples.

There's another roller derby flick called WHIP IT, with Ellen Page and Drew Barrymore, but I have NOT seen it.



I don't know if this was ever released on VHS.

THE FIREBALL was released on MOD-DVD by WARNER BROS.

No comments:

Post a Comment