Sunday, August 4, 2013

SINISTER URGE POSTER



Love this poster.

In my opinion, this is one of Ed Wood's most underrated films.

I've always been told, that TWO VERSIONS of this movie exist - one with partial nudity, and one without. I can NOT confirm this, since I've only seen the non-nude version.



SINISTER URGE is part of the BIG BOX OF WOOD region one DVD set ( by S'MORE ENTERTAINMENT ).

I do NOT own this collection, so I can NOT tell you if it's worth buying. However, I've been told many times that it's the only way to get certain titles.

I love Mr. Wood's movies, because they're creative, passionate, and FUN.



Laugh all you want, but the fact remains, Ed Wood was a MILLION TIMES MORE CREATIVE than all the MICHAEL BAY's and QUENTIN TARANTINO's of this world.

His movies are FUN!... It doesn't matter if it's PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE, or one of his SOFTcore flicks.

After all this time, his movies are still loved.

Countless folks around the world still search for his "lost" films.

2 comments:

  1. You wrote: "Laugh all you want, but the fact remains, Ed Wood was a MILLION TIMES MORE CREATIVE than all the MICHAEL BAY's and QUENTIN TARANTINO's of this world."

    HALL-E-EFFIN-LUJAH and AAAAAA-MEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: SINISTER URGE was one of the very first videotapes I purchased back in the early '80s, on Beta (yes, I was one of those people) from (I think) Admit One Video in Canada. None of the prints I've seen since have looked as pristine, so I'll have to take a look at the BIG BOX OF WOOD which I stuck back on a shelf awhile back without watching it. After meeting Criswell 43 years ago, I feel duty-bound to buy every Ed Wood film. And hell no, I don't have a single QT movie in my collection! I have more good taste than to do that!

    ReplyDelete