Tuesday, July 24, 2012

MIDNIGHT MOVIE HOSTS: LARRY VINCENT & CASSANDRA PETERSON

PART 1 OF 2

I have extremely fond memories of Fright Night, Monster Rally, Movie Macabre, and Elvira's Movie Macabre, AND the folks that hosted them.

These are my youthful memories which may NOT be entirely accurate. So, bare with me folks.



Larry Vincent AKA Seymour, was the host of FRIGHT NIGHT. It aired on channel 9 ( KHJ ).

For some reason, he started hosting MONSTER RALLY over on channel 5 ( KTLA ).

Then he went back to channel 9 to host FRIGHT NIGHT.

After Larry Vincent died, some other hosts took over FRIGHT NIGHT ( I think Cassandra Peterson was one of those hosts ).



I think MOVIE MACABRE - with Cassandra Peterson AKA ELVIRA - replaced FRIGHT NIGHT.

Elvira ended up going national.

MOVIE MACABRE eventually ended, but Cassandra Peterson AKA ELVIRA came back in 2010, only to disappear yet again.

Both Larry Vincent and Cassandra Peterson were funny and clever. They also had careers in showbiz BEFORE they became hosts. That made a huge difference to me. In my opinion, that made them better hosts.


Cassandra Peterson / Elivra's official website

No comments:

Post a Comment